For whatever reason, I seem to be making the peripheral posts about MapReduce tonight before getting to the meat of the issues. So be it. There’s a rich set of links out there about MapReduce, and here are some of the best of them:
- Aster Data introduced MapReduce integrated into its SQL data warehouse DBMS tonight. Aster’s site features an excellent white paper.
- Exactly the same is true of Greenplum.
- Google Labs offers the seminal MapReduce research paper. It also has a broken link to an associated slide presentation, which fortunately is available here.
- One can get a good sense of MapReduce by reading up on the open source implementation Hadoop.
- In particular, this list of Hadoop applications is the longest list of MapReduce applications I know of (ahead even of Google’s long internal list).
- Joel Spolsky explained the core MapReduce concept a couple of years ago.
Some of our recent links about MapReduce
- The integration of MapReduce with SQL data warehousing
- Three major applications of MapReduce
- Another application of MapReduce
- Sound bites about MapReduce