October 15, 2009
As previously noted, I’m giving a webinar twice today — i.e., Thursday, October 15 – at 10:00 am and 1:00 pm Eastern time.
- The subject is MapReduce.
- The sponsor is Aster Data.
- Part of the webinar will be an explanation of MapReduce basics, especially the conflict between theory/propaganda and reality.
- As you might guess from the identity of the sponsor, there will be an emphasis on how MapReduce and SQL play nicely with each other.
- You can register for the webinar on Aster’s site.
- (Edit) The webinar replay can be found here.
- I’ve already uploaded the slides from which I will present. (But not the ones from which Aster folks will be talking. I’ve seen those, and there’s some good technical crunch in some of them.) The “Notes” under the slides have a number of relevant URLs for follow-up, as well as a small number of explanatory comments (e.g., as to why one slide simply has a quote from and corresponding picture of Shakespeare).