The second in my two-webinar series for Aster Data will occur tomorrow, twice (both live), at 10 am and 2 pm Eastern time. The other presenters will be Jonathan Goldman, who was a Principal Scientist at LinkedIn but now has joined Aster himself, and Steve Wooledge of Aster (playing host). Key links are:
The main subjects of the webinar will be:
- Some review of material from the first webinar (all three presenters)
- Discussion of how MapReduce can help with three kinds of analytics:
- Pattern matching (Jonathan will give detail)
- Number-crunching (I’ll cover that, and it will be short)
- Graph analytics (I haven’t written the slides yet, but my starting point will be some of the relationship analytics ideas we discussed in August)
Arguably, aspects of data transformation fit into each of those three categories, which may help explain why data transformation has been so prominent among the early applications of MapReduce.
As you can see from Aster’s title for the webinar (which they picked while I was on vacation), at least their portion will be focused on customer analytics, e.g. web analytics.