I recently coined the phrase investigative analytics to conflate
- Statistics, data mining, machine learning, and/or predictive analytics.
- The more research-oriented aspects of business intelligence tools:
- Ad-hoc query.
- Most things done by BI-using “business analysts”
- Most things within BI called “data exploration.”
- Analogous technologies as applied to non-tabular data types such as text or graph.
This will be be basis for my part of a webcast on March 10 at 11 am Pacific/2 pm Eastern time. The other main part of the webcast will be a demo by the webcast’s joint sponsors Aster Data and Tableau Software.
Some of Aster’s verbiage in describing and titling the webinar is so hyperbolic that I do not want to give the impression of endorsing it. But I am very hopeful that the webinar itself will be interesting and informative, and will point people at least somewhat in the direction of the benefits Aster is claiming.